The following problems are covered in this section:
- Checking your testicles – includes what is normal and how to examine your testicles
- Retractile testicles – find out what makes your testicles move up into your body
- Itchy, sweaty testicles and scrotum – also see jock itch and crab lice
- Painful testicle(s) with or without swelling
- Swellings, lumps and enlarged testicle(s) – includes hydrocele (fluid around the testicle) and varicocele (swollen veins in the scrotum - 'bag of worms')
- Undescended (missing) testicle(s)
Dr Phil Hammond discusses plums, peas and varicocele in his Expert guide to scrotal lumps video below.
Written by: Dr Margaret Stearn
Edited by: Dr Margaret Stearn
Last updated: Tuesday, April 2nd 2013
Useful contacts for Testicle problems
Click to see all the contacts that you may find useful in relation to testicle problems
4264 people have
tackled this problem!
Tell us your thoughts
Did you find what you were looking for?
Add a comment
Please note we cannot answer your questions directly. If you are concerned, please talk to your doctor.
Share your stories, tips and solutions here to help others tackle it, move on. As all comments are moderated, there will be a delay before your comment appears.